Chart: Almost 7 million adults have been victims of partner abuse
Among the 42 million adults in England and Wales aged between 16 and 74, 1.3 million have been sexually assaulted by a current or former partner, 4.3 million subjected to non-sexual assault and 2.3 million have been stalked. In every category, at least twice as many women as men have been victimised.
Data source: Crime Survey for England and Wales, 2018
- Chart: 73% of victim-based crime is not reported to police
- Chart: Drug use was falling, but that seems to be changing
- Chart: Homicide methods are changing
- Increases in crime-related demand are hitting some forces harder than others
- Chart: Some police forces are much more likely to prosecute violence