Chart: Online crime now the most-likely threat to many businesses
Online crime (including hacking, phishing and virus attacks) is now experienced by more businesses than any other type across sectors as varied as manufacturing and communications. But in the sectors most-likely to experience a crime (retail, accomodation and entertainment), traditional offences such as theft are still more likely. The data come from the government’s Commercial Victimisation Survey, which each year asks about crime against selected business types.
Data source: Home Office, 2019
- Increases in crime-related demand are hitting some forces harder than others
- Chart: 73% of victim-based crime is not reported to police
- Chart: Homicides haven't only increased in Britain
- Chart: Seizures of the most harmful drugs at UK borders are falling
- Chart: Much of the homicide drop has already been erased