Chart: Most people think the justice system is fair, fewer say it's effective
Every month, the Crime Survey for England and Wales asks a representative sample of adults about their perceptions of the criminal justice system. Across age, education, ethnic and employment groups, most people believe the system as a whole is fair, but only about half say it is effective.
Data source: Crime Survey for England and Wales, 2019
- Chart: Police cuts still being felt in most forces
- Chart: Typical rape investigation times doubled between 2012 and 2018
- Chart: In serious cases, justice is often slow
- Chart: Some police forces are much more likely to prosecute violence
- Chart: No big changes in sentences after new police-assaults law